All Are Welcome...
Message from the Pastor
Welcome to the website of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (St. Mary), the only Catholic Church in the city of Richland Center. Our parish was founded in 1892 and belongs to the Diocese of La Crosse. I encourage you to learn about the various components that make up our parish by browsing this website. If you are new to Richland Center or you would like to make a visit here, please know that you are welcomed to join us. Those of you who have been members of Saint Mary’s for many years, I hope you enjoy this website and that it helps all of us in serving our Lord Jesus Christ through our shared parish life. May God bless you and all the parishioners of Saint Mary Parish.
Monsignor Roger J. Scheckel, Pastor
APRIL 17, 2021
Watch Video of Land Drawing ,click on linkhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/qnGBwMr43BXQKFpA7
• Christ Our Cornerstone...Our Cathedral is aging and is in need of our help. I am eager to invite you to join with your fellow parishioners to repair and restore this iconic place of worship and prayer. The Christ Our Cornerstone campaign will do just that, but we need your participation. Please join me, the Cathedral Parish, and the tens of thousands around our Diocese in this new and exciting chapter to restore the Cathedral to full vigor! For more information, please click here Christ Our Cornerstone. Monsignor Richard W. Gilles, Rector, St. Joseph the Workman Cathedral...Please donate on line at Christ Our Cornerstone
• COVID-19 VACCINES...With the release of COVID-19 vaccines for distribution to the public, many are asking questions regarding the morality and ethics of receiving the inoculation. The Committee on Doctrine and the Committee on Pro-Life Activities of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops have released a document entitled Moral Considerations Regarding the New COVID-19 Vaccines. The document can be accessed via this link. COVID-19 Vaccines
• EWTN A Sacred time of reflection and prayer
• The Cathedral Live Stream Schedule is available at diolc.org/live
• A Year Devoted to St. Joseph: May 1, 2020 - May 1, 2021
In case you missed the Mass Friday, May 1, you can view it here.
• Consecration of the Diocese of La Crosse to the Blessed Virgin Mary: May 1, 2020. View the recording of the consecration from our Cathedral here.
You can give your tithe online…
Sportsman's Extravaganza April 17, 2021
Cancellation of Sportsman’s Extravaganza
The Sportsman’s Extravaganza, sponsored by Saint Mary’s Catholic Church, Richland Center that is scheduled for April 17, 2021 has been cancelled due to the continued closure of the Richland Center Community Center by the local civil authorities because of the COVID virus.
The drawing for the 40 acres of hunting land or $25,000.00 will take place on April 17, 2021 at Saint Mary’s Church, 160 W. Fourth Street, with a video of the drawing posted on the Saint Mary’s Parish Website: www.stmarysrc.com
Next year’s Extravaganza is scheduled to be held at the Richland Center Community Center, Saturday, April 30, 2022. We look forward to an in-person gathering at that time.
Thank you for your participation in this year’s Land Drawing. It provides important income for our Catholic Elementary and Middle School that despite COVID has been educating our students in person since September 1, 2020.
The Grand Prize Winner for the 2020 Land drawing was David Manthe of Madison, WI. Congratulations David!
After contacting Mr Manthe, he has indicated that he is taking the $25,000.00 prize. This means that the hunting land will be available for next year’s drawing that is scheduled for April 17, 2021. Thank you for your participation in this year’s land drawing. If you would like to observe the drawing , please click on this link:
All proceeds benefit Catholic Education.
Thank You and God Bless you!
Message from the Principal
Welcome to St. Mary School! We are a 3K-8th grade building, bound by our academics, our worship, and our service. Our new website offers just a glimpse of this! We invite you to look around.
Holy Week, Triduum, and Easter
Confessions: March 30, 31, and April 1 - 6:00 to 6:30 PM
Holy Thursday - Mass of the Lord's Supper - 7:00 PM
Good Friday - Passion of the Lord - 1:00 PM
Holy Saturday - Easter Vigil - 8:00 PM
Easter Sunday - 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM
Tuesday through Friday - 8:15 am
Adoration and Holy Hour following Thursday 8:15 am Mass
Saturday Vigil Mass - 5:15 pm (confessions 4:15 -4:50)
Sunday - 8:00 am Mass (confessions 7:30 - 7:50)
Sunday - 10:30 am Mass (confessions 9:30-10:20)
Join Our Parish
Click the "Join" button to register with our parish.
Inquire About Catholicism
Click the "Learn More" button to find out more about Catholicism.
Scrip are gift certificates issued by many stores in our community where you already shop regularly. We buy these certificates at a negotiated discount and exchange them for your cash at full face value. The discount ranges from 2% to 40% and is an automatic contribution retained by St. Mary’s Parish. And your Scrip purchases can qualify you to earn tuition credit for your participation (contact the school office for details).
You may print out our Family Scrip Order Form.. Fill out the order form and make checks payable to St. Mary Scrip. Mail this form to St. Mary’s School, at 160 W. 4th Street, Richland Center, WI 53581. Or drop it off during normal school hours, or bring your completed order form to Mass when Scrip is being sold to have your order filled. Scrip is also sold after each Saturday evening and Sunday Mass in St. Mary Parish foyer.